Saturday, April 5, 2008

Memorial Show for Lynette Knackstedt

From Asian Man Newsletter 4/04/08

A few months back I had written about the sad news of my friend Lynette Knackstedt's untimely death. Her family asked if I could help set up a memorial show where we could donate the money to a charity. I wanted to shoot over some info. to those who might be interested in this event:

The show is on Saturday April 19th @ 924 GILMAN in BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA. We will be donating the proceeds to the Ohlhoff Recovery Programs, 601 Steiner St., San Francisco, CA for drug awareness and recovery. Donations may also be made by calling (415) 626-9782 or online at http://www.ohlhoff.org I will be playing an acoustic set, but also will be dusting off my saxamaphone and playing a SKANKIN' PICKLE set under the BRUCE LEE BAND moniker. MONKEY will be backing me to provide the SKA sounds. I practiced for the first time on Wednesday and it's sounding pretty good. Well, good considering I've picked up my saxophone once in 5 years. But yup, it was fun to play some old old songs. If you have friends or family in the bay area of good ol' N. California, then please spread the word about the show. Would love to have a big turnout for this celebration. We'll also be bringing tons of cookies and snacks for free, so yeah...just trying to make this a fun time for all.

Peace, Mike Park

More info:
Skankin' Pickle Blog
Asian Man Records

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?