Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trojan Releases John Holt's 1,000 Volts Of Holt Remastered

From www.trojanrecords.com

The eagerly anticipated 2CD deluxe edition John Holt's 1,000 Volts Of Holt finally sees release this week.

Widely regarded as one of the greatest Reggae albums of all time, ‘1,000 Volts’ combined the rhythms of the Jamaican ghetto with sophisticated western arrangements and by so doing successfully transformed John Holt into a mainstream artist. Soon after its release, the singer’s rendering of Kris Kristofferson’s ‘Help Me Make It Through The Night’ peaked at number six in the Pop listings, while a year and thousands of sales later, the LP finally made it into the British album charts, a top 10 position denied only by the unregulated nature of Reggae music sales in Britain. In addition to containing the original 12 album tracks that comprised ‘1,000 Volts’, this 2 CD deluxe edition features many of their respective Jamaican mixes along with numerous previously unreleased recordings, many of which had been intended for a never issued follow-up collection.

Digitally re-mastered from the original Trojan tapes and featuring extensive liner notes, this seminal album never sounded or looked better, and is a truly essential purchase for any self-respecting fan of classic Reggae.


DISC 1: 1,000 VOLTS… PLUS!
1. Never, Never, Never
2. Morning Of My Life
3. Stoned Out Of My Mind
4. Baby I’m A Want You
5. Help Me Make It Though The Night
6. Mr Bojangles
7. I’d Love You To Want Me
8. Killing Me Softly With Her Song
9. You Baby
10. Too Much Love
11. Girl From Ipanema
12. Which Way You Going Baby
Bonus tracks:
13. Morning Of My Life (Ja mix)
14. Stoned Out Of My Mind (Ja mix)
15. Baby I’m A Want You (Ja mix)
16. Help Me Make It Though The Night (Ja mix)
17. Mr Bojangles (Ja mix)
18. Too Much Love (ja. mix)
19. Girl From Ipanema (Ja. mix)
20. Which Way You Going Baby (Ja mix)

DISC 2: 4,000 VOLTS OF HOLT (RARE & UNRELEASED MASTERS)
1. I Don’t Want To Be Lonely
2. It’s Just Because
3. My Eyes
4. Love And Affection (aka Sweet Vibrations)
5. Here Today (Gone Tomorrow)
6. If I Could Hear Her (aka Blue Dawn)
7. I Could Dance All Night
8. Maybe Some Day
9. I Played The Fool
10. Got My Head On Straight
11. Come Dance With Me
12. Good Morning Sun
13. Room Full Of Tears
14. Only You
15. Lonely Times
16. Sweet Malinda
17. Love So Right
18. Baby Don’t Get Hooked On Me
19. Just The Way You Are

More info at www.trojanrecords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?